Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Furious

I am just down right furious at the lie the enemy feeds us that we are of no use to fulfilling God's kingdom. As if we have committed the ultimate sin and are now worthless. It gets so nasty that we end up disqualifying ourselves from God's plan <without the assistance of the enemy>. I am by no means above this wicked scheme. In fact, I constantly have to feed myself truth and force myself to believe I am more than...(insert bondage here). Speak it until you believe it!


An exert from my most recent daily devotional:

How wonderful that we serve a God who formed us and therefore understands our frailty and susceptibility yet has grace-filled plans for us. ~Patsy Clairmont

How often do we go around disqualifying ourselves from God's plans for our lives? We can accept that he will forgive us, but we cannot imagine that he can still use us for his purposes and glory. That's a lie, dear sister. Not only does he forgive-he knows our weakness and still have glorious, God-sized plans for our lives. Don't let your past dictate your future. 


We do not need to keep going back to our past. If our past is destroying us, stay away! Protect your relationship with God because that's your safety. Be willing to let go of friendships that are unsafe, places that tempt you to compromise, and hobbies that you have no business partaking in. STAY AWAY.

Romans 12:9-21

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.