"What a beautiful name. I love to watch how it falls off the lips of those who love Him. I shudder as it falls off the lips of those who don't. Jesus. It has been the most important and most consistent word in my life. Dearer today than yesterday. Inexpressibly precious to me personally, so I am at a loss to comprehend what the name means universally." Beth Moore
I am deeply reminded of Jesus today. No, not just of the name but the reality of who He is. My heart is beating faster at the thought of Him. It's as if this world is growing strangely dim, and I can't see anything but Him. I can't see my mistakes, hurt, pain, laughter caused by anything or anyone a part from Him. This is such an odd and unfamiliar place. I want to go deeper with El Roi -the God who sees-"spanning the universe in panoramic view, every galaxy at His gaze", and yet it's me His eyes land on. The thing is, I don't want to just go deep, I don't just want to be made new, I want the ultimate level of intimacy. I want what no one who has walked this earth has ever experienced with Him ... even the disciples. Sounds crazy and slightly ridiculous but doesn't He want us to go crazy with Him? How badly does He want us to desire Him in this way?! Don't we long to be desired this way by someone we love and care about? There is a reason we desire this, because we are children of God and we are like our Father. Jesus came with a purpose, and He did not allow himself to get sidetracked from that purpose. He came for us, He came to die and save us. Therefore, if anything in this world won't give me more of Jesus, I really don't see a reason to partake. If I lose this world, then so be it because, like Jesus, I have a purpose and it's HIM. I wonder if we make too much gray out of this world and complicate God because God is not a God of confusion. He just wants our heart. *1 Corinthians 14:33*
This is what God is about. Crazy about Him.
Beautiful by Shawn McDonald
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.