Friday, October 14, 2011

Jesus




Jesus loves me this I know for the Bible tells me so. I remember singing this song in Sunday School growing up. I find myself repeating these lyrics more and more every day. I like to remind myself that my Creator is FOR me. "If God is for you, who can be against you?" Romans 8:31. I am so thankful I have learned to not push Him away in hard times. I am so thankful my mind is settled on Him. Every day the Lord meets me and my heart where I am. Today has been a day of many tears. I find myself thinking about my mom and desiring her more and more each moment. He knew it would be a rough day. He knew it would be one of tears, so He met me there through today's devotional reading in Jesus Calling by Sarah Young. I am just so in love with God and how he pursues me. I hope you don't mind my thirst to share it.

October 14

BE PREPARED TO SUFFER FOR ME, in My Name. All suffering has meaning in My kingdom. Pain and problems are opportunities to demonstrate your trust in Me. Bearing your circumstances bravely-even thanking Me for them-is one of the highest forms of praise. This sacrifice of thanksgiving rings golden-toned bells of Joy throughout heavenly realms. On earth also, your patient suffering sends out ripples of good tidings in ever-widening circles.

When suffering strikes, remember that I am sovereign and that I can bring good out of everything. Do not try to run from pain or hide from problems. Instead, accept adversity in My Name, offering it up to Me for My purposes. Thus, your suffering gains meaning and draws you closer to Me. Joy emerges from the ashes of adversity through your trust and thankfulness.
James 1:2-4; Psalm 107:21-22

Lord, I do not get why You allowed such pain to fall on this family, but I know You. I know how You operate and so I do not doubt. Rather, I trust that I am bringing you one of the highest forms of praise as I bear my circumstance bravely. I pray that you find favor with me all the rest of my days. I will run this race hard so that when I meet You, in heaven, I hear "well done good and faithful servant". Lord, I don't want to hear these words for my benefit but solely to honor You...I simply just want to honor You. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.