I love looking at the different translations of scripture. It allows me to receive a beautiful picture of God's words. I also cannot help I simply just love words. I love seeing them put together to form a sentence (crazy, I know).
In today's devotional, I came across 2 Corinthians 2:15 (see below). This is a beautiful verse that left me with one lingering thought, "God thinks MUCH of us" (His children, His creation). We are loved my the Creator of the world. Although he is full of mystery, he loves us enough to expose some of his mystery through his Word, the Bible. He wants to see us thrive in him, and through that he wants to draw us closer to him and refine us to be his masterpiece. To be a masterpiece of God...now, isn't that a thought! We are a fragrance to him. Let's be clear, the word "fragrance" is not just any old smell. Mounce's Expository Dictionary of the Old and New Testament defines it as "a pleasing aroma." We have the ability to be a pleasing aroma to our Maker. He thinks much of his children. He thinks much of YOU.
Let the sweetness of the reality of these words fall on you. Speak them out over yourself. There is nothing more precious to God then you and hearing you speak out HIS Words over your life, AND there is nothing more defeating to the enemy then having God's very words spoken out!
2 Corinthians 2:15 (NIV)
For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing.
2Corinthians 2:15 (KJV)
For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.