Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Reflections from a Piece of Clay

Isaiah 64:8 
"Yet you, LORD, are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand.

In Francis Chan's book, Erasinghell, he makes a point to explain Isaiah 64:8. We are pieces of clay explaining to other pieces of clay what God has revealed to us. If we think about that for a second, "it shows the silliness for any of us to think we are an export on Him." Therefore, I am fully aware that my only hope is God would reveal to me what He is like and then I can just repeat those things to you - my sincerest intentions in all my writings.

"God has a calling on this family." These words have been on repeat in my mind the past few days. For years, particularly this past year, my mom used to say this to me as if to remind me and prepare me for what was to come. You see, our family has been through its share of trials already, so whenever mom would say this to me I always smiled in agreement. Of course God has a calling on this family. We have been through so much and have come through a lot-a true Cinderella Story. Therefore, my simple mind never would have thought or imagined that God had even more of a story to be told; that this "calling" mom spoke so confidentially about was only beginning...that it would include losing our parents.

Isaiah 55:8 says, "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither my ways your ways, declares the Lord." I have come to a place where I have learned that doubting God when pain comes is only putting God's actions in submission with my reasoning. Francis Chan says it so beautifully, "have you ever considered the possibility that maybe the Creators sense of justice is actually more developed then yours, and maybe his love and mercy is perfect? Maybe you could be the one who is flawed?" I may not get this one. It may be hard to see the happy ending this time, but what is truth? Truth is, "as the heavens are higher then the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts (Isaiah 55:9)." His thoughts are far greater then what my simple mind could dream up. I trust Him. In Psalm 25:9, he says that he teaches the humble his ways. Humility is key to everything, isn't it? God is unfolding his glory in all of this as I learn to humbly receive.


God has a calling...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.